I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! We spent ours in Atlanta visiting friends and attending a baby shower! It was such a fun weekend! We came back on Sunday & I decided to make a new summer dessert, No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert! (Recipe found here)
- 1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Golden Oreos (or another vanilla flavored cookie/graham cracker)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 containers (8 ounces each) Cool Whip Topping (see note about using fresh whipped cream)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced and patted dry
- Whisk pudding, milk, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the crust.
- Crush the cookies in a large gallon sized ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs. Place the 2 tablespoons melted butter in the bag and press with your hands to work the butter through the remaining cookie crumbs. Pour crumbs into a 9” square baking dish. The crust won’t be solid, it’ll stay crumbly.
- Fold 8 ounces of the whipped topping into the pudding.
And Enjoy :)