Hope you're all having a great start to your week! Seth is home for two weeks, so I have picked out a few new recipes to try while he's home. First up, is Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. I found the recipe on pinterest from THIS blog.
What you'll need:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity. Placed on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filing is heated through (about 25-30 minutes)
4. Serve immediately.
This recipe was so easy & good. I would have added a bit more salt & pepper to mine next time & I think I'm going to add some cut up avocado to put on top!
My weekend wrap-up consisted of the following:
Hanging with these two cuties on Friday night & sharing pizza.
Saturday morning I met up with Run 4 Others & got in 8 miles!
Then it was time for a much needed massage at Franklin Massage. They give the BEST runners massages! My right glute hated me during this, but was much happier afterward!
The next morning we met up at Margot's for Corrie's birthday brunch. It was so delicious and this picture just oozes summertime!!! I love sundress weather!
Hope you all had a nice weekend!!